Thursday, March 3, 2016

Planting Seeds

I love change, which is possibly one of the reasons why spring is my favourite season. I like the promise of new beginnings and the excitement of watching the seeds I have planted sprout. 

This year, my partner and I are embarking on quite a few new beginnings. One is the launching of Earth Magic Permaculture. In fact, our official launch day is Saturday, March 5th at Seedy Saturday. This Saturday!

A couple years ago, I had the idea of Earth Magic but I also had a part-time job (and then, magically, two part-time jobs) and it just got pushed to the side. Several things changed in my life that have allowed Sean and I to get to the point where we are now able to launch Earth Magic as a full-time three season service. Jobs changed, education plans shifted, and passions deepened. We decided that we both wanted to pursue a livelihood based on healing the Earth and helping other people to connect more deeply with the patterns, rhythms, and systems of nature. 

So for the past two months we have been germinating the seeds of Earth Magic. On Saturday, our seeds will sprout. We don't know exactly what they'll grow into but we know it will be beautiful and nourishing. Our vision is to help create healthy, regenerative, and organic ecosystems and neighbourhoods within the city of London. We want to do this in many different ways - helping our clients create beautiful, sustainable, and delicious gardens; educating people (adults and children) on the philosophy, practice, and potential of permaculture; helping people live cooperatively with nature; and participating in community projects especially those based on sharing and cooperation.

We hope you'll come by our booth on Saturday as we launch Earth Magic! 

I also hope you bookmark this blog for weekly posts about our adventures. Posts will include gardening advice, musings about nature, permaculture philosophy, seasonal vegan recipes, and lots of pictures of gardens (especially of bees)! 

Lastly, I hope you have plant some seeds this spring - literally and metaphorically! Don't be afraid to dream; don't forget to be in awe at what you grow!



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment