Thursday, December 23, 2010

Multiplying worms

I just got around to giving some much needed attention to my worm bins. Two of them had been sitting for a couple months and had turned into bins filled with black gold with a bunch of slow-moving worms in them. They needed fresh bedding (damp shredded newspaper), food, and they still need a harvest. The third bin was a failed experiment. In the summer I tried to set up a worm bin for composting my bunnies' poo. It didn't work - it dried out and the worms died. Gasp! I have been meaning to add some new worms and have it going as a third bin (hey, I eat A LOT of veggies). After months, the ENTIRE autumn, I finally did it.

If anyone needs some worm poo for their house plants let me know! I have lots of gorgeous, rich, earthy poo!

No comments:

Post a Comment