Thursday, December 23, 2010

permi reading

Recently, I decided to drop out of the Urban Agriculture program at the University of Guelph. It was online and really not inspiring to me. I need a break from academia, I need to get my hands dirty and splinters in my fingers. But I do lkove to read and learn and I want to increase my permiculture knowledge along with my skills.

So, I am compiling a reading list - kind of creating my own intensive permaculture course. I hope to get these books read by the spring. in the spring I will start gardening again and doing lots of workshops so winter is the time to fill my head! I have read parts of all these books but I intend to read them completely and on a deeper level.

Here is my list so far:

1. Permaculture: Principles and Pathways Beyond Sustainability by David Holmgren
2. Tools for Sustainable City Living by Scott Kellog
3. Earth Path by Starhawk
4. Edible Forest Gardens Volume 1 and 2 by dave Jacke
5. Myceleum Running by Paul Stamets

My goal is to have these books read deeply by Spring Equinox,

I'll post my thoughts on them while I am reading. Join along with me if you want!

1 comment:

  1. How are you enjoying the books? One of my fav. is by Toby Hemingway

    ReplyDelete